Terms & Conditions
Definitions and Interpretation'The Office': The Aruba Academy training programme is represented in UK by The Saltmarsh Partnership, The Copperfields, 25d Copperfield Street, London, SE1.
'The Agent': The travel agency or company within the travel industry nominating employees to be trained as an Aruba Academy Specialist.
'Aruba Academy Specialist' A Nominated Person who has successfully completed the Programme and been accredited with such status.
'The Nominated Person': The individual employee of the Agent who is either receiving training for or has been granted Aruba Academy Specialist status. An Agent may nominate any number of its employees as Nominated Persons.
'Programme': The Office’s course to train a Nominated Person as a GoChicago Academy specialist, as made available on the Office’s website at and/or extranet. http://arubaacademy.com and/or extranet.
'Reward': a reward given by the Office to an Aruba Academy specialist who has achieved a certain score in the Programme, in accordance with Condition 3.
'Intellectual Property': Any patent, copyright, registered design, trademark or other industrial or intellectual property right subsisting in respect of the information supplied by the Office, and applications for any of the foregoing.
'Restricted Information': Any information which is disclosed to the Agent or the Aruba Academy specialist by the Office pursuant to or in connection with the Programme (whether orally or in writing) and which is expressly stated to be confidential or marked as such. Any such information not so designated as being confidential may freely be publicised in order to promote travel and tourism to Aruba.
Appointment Period: twelve months from date of enrolment (inclusive of the training period) and each successive period of twelve months
Any reference in these Terms and Conditions to ‘writing’ or like expressions includes a reference to facsimile transmission, electronic mail or comparable means of communication.
The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
Registration and RenewalThe Programme is only available for the use of travel agencies or companies in the travel industry in Great Britain to train their employees regarding the attractions of Aruba as a holiday destination. The Programme is not available to persons who are outside Great Britain and/or dealing with the Office as a consumer and/or acting in the course of any business other than that of a bona fide travel agency or company within the travel industry, which is interested in the promotion of Aruba as a holiday destination.
In order to ensure the above, access to the Programme is restricted by a username and password for each Nominated Person, issued to them upon registration by the Agent. The Agent and each Nominated Person agree that each username and password will only be used by the Nominated Person for whom it is issued, and not disclosed to anyone other than the Agent and that Nominated Person.
On completion of registration (which shall be undertaken electronically by way of the Office’s website), the Office shall provide the Nominated Person with electronic access to the Programme.
On successful completion of all training modules by achievement of a score of 70% or more in the test at the end of each such module, the Nominated Person will be awarded non-exclusive Aruba Academy specialist status for the first Appointment Period by the Office, and the Aruba Academy specialist and the Agent hereby agree to act in that capacity subject to the Terms and Conditions set out herein. On expiry of each Appointment Period, the Aruba Academy specialist can apply for Aruba Academy specialist status to be renewed, such renewal to be conditional upon:
- provision by the Aruba Academy specialist to the Office of such details of the business of the Aruba Academy specialist as the Office shall reasonably require;
- the successful completion by the Nominated Person of the renewal tests imposed from time to time by the Office; and
- the Office being satisfied that the Aruba Academy specialist is providing the suitable level of customer service.
The award of Aruba Academy specialist status to a Nominated Person shall entitle the Agent as the employer of the Nominated Person to advertise itself as having the services of a Aruba Academy specialist whilst the Nominated Person remains in the employ of the Agent in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
RewardsA Nominated Person who is awarded Aruba Academy specialist status will receive a certificate in PDF format, which he/she may print off and display.
Duties of the Aruba Academy Specialist and AgentThe Agent and/or the Aruba Academy specialist shall:
- use their respective best endeavours to promote and market travel to and tourism in Aruba;
- conduct the promotion and marketing of travel to and tourism in Aruba with all due care and diligence;
- cultivate and maintain good relations with customers and potential customers in accordance with sound commercial principles;
- not engage in any conduct which in the opinion of the Office is prejudicial to the Office or the marketing of tourism in and travel to Aruba generally.
- make themselves available at all reasonable times and upon reasonable notice to the Office for the training provided by the Office in respect of Aruba Academy specialist status, and for consultation and advice relating to this Agreement and travel to and tourism in Aruba;
- at the expense of the Agent attend meetings with representatives of the Office and such customers or prospective customers as may be reasonable and necessary for the proper performance of its duties hereunder;
- attend such exhibitions and other sales outlets as the Office or the Agent may think commercially suitable for the purpose of promoting travel to and tourism in Aruba;
- Subject to Condition 6 below, be permitted to describe itself as having the services of a Aruba Academy specialist in respect of travel to and tourism in Aruba;
- Not hold itself out or permit any person to hold it out as being authorised to bind the Office in any way;
- Not do any act which might reasonably create the impression that it is so authorised;
- Promptly inform the Office of any complaint concerning its Nominated Person which it receives;
- Keep the Office fully indemnified against all costs, claims, demands and expenses incurred or received arising out of the services provided by the Agent and/or the Aruba Academy specialist.
Rights and Duties of the OfficeThe Office shall provide the Aruba Academy specialist with adequate means of training and the required training modules necessary to achieve Aruba Academy specialist status.
Withdrawal of Aruba Academy specialist statusThe Office shall be entitled to withdraw Aruba Academy specialist status immediately if:
- either the Aruba Academy specialist and/or the Agent commit any breach of these Terms and Conditions and in the case of a breach capable of remedy fails to remedy the same within 30 days after the receipt of a written notice from the Office giving full particulars of the breach and requiring it to be remedied;
- the level of commitment and service provided by the Aruba Academy specialist and/or the Agent falls below the level required by the Office.
ConfidentialityThe Agent and the Aruba Academy specialist shall at all times (including after withdrawal or termination of Aruba Academy specialist status) use their best endeavours to keep any Restricted Information confidential and accordingly not disclose any Restricted Information to any other person; and not to use any Restricted Information for any purpose other than the performance of their obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
Intellectual PropertyNothing in these Terms and Conditions shall give the Agent or the Aruba Academy specialist any rights in respect of any trade names or trade marks used by the Office in relation to Aruba Academy specialist status, and the Agent and Aruba Academy specialist hereby acknowledge that except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions it shall not acquire any rights in respect thereof, and that all such rights are and remain vested in the Office. The Agent or Aruba Academy specialist shall not use any trademarks or trade names so resembling those of the Office as to be likely to cause confusion or deception.
GeneralThe Office shall be at liberty to perform any or all its obligations under this Agreement through third parties.
The Office may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time upon 30 days` notice, such notice to be published on the Office's Website only.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Office may process the personal data concerning the Aruba Academy specialist that is completed during the registration process for the purposes of:
- compliance with the Office’s rights and obligations under the Aruba Academy specialist Terms and Conditions
- providing the Aruba Academy specialist with further information on travel to and tourism in Aruba, and special promotions in order to enable him/her to perform his/her obligations under these Terms and Conditions and to maintain his/her Aruba Academy specialist status. Agents (not Aruba Academy specialist’s) who are individuals (including partnerships in England and Wales) have the statutory right under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 to opt out of such communications, and can do so by emailing the Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . The Office will not process such personal data for any other purposes.
The Office stores this information in encrypted form, and disposes of it once the purpose for which it was collected has been achieved. The length of time for which it is stored may vary according to the purpose for which it has been collected. Except as stated above, no such information will be released to a third party without the Agent’s or Aruba Academy specialist’s prior consent, unless the Office is compelled to do so by law.
Access to InformationAny person or organisation, who has registered with this web site, and who believes that we have gathered and stored personal information relating to them, may request to view that information under the provisions of the relevant data protection laws. Any request is to be directed to: email@example.com
See Contact Us for our telephone and address.